I just wanted to do a quick rave about a new product I bought at the weekend! Balmi Lip balm in Coconut, I saw this lip balm on the Boots website and just had to have it!
I suffer from dry, chapped lips from time to time and so I tend to carry a lip balm or lip conditioner around with me at all times (usually its my trusty Blistex Daily Lip Conditioner) but as that comes in a pot, its always tricky to apply without ending up with the leftovers on your fingers. Which is why I was so excited to see this Balmi lip balm that is shaped like a golf ball (but a bit smaller). I have to give a shout out to the genius that came up with this simple design, whoop whoop! Because the balm is shaped like a ball, you can apply it to your lips without touching the balm itself, which makes it mess free and more hygenic!
This balm is available in 4 flavours: Coconut (which is the one I got), Mint, Strawberry and Raspberry all for £4.99 each at Boots.
The packaging also has a small connector, like a phone charm kind of thing, I wouldn't say I would attach it to my phone or keys, but it does make it handy to grab in your bag, plus you can remove it if you want.
The balm itself is very moisturising, and lasts for quite a while between applications. The only thing I will warn you is that if it is hot out, try not to keep it in your pocket and then apply it! I did this at the weekend and didnt think about the heat and made a bit of dent in the shape as it had got a bit too hot and melted slightly! Whoops! But then I put it in the fridge and its back to its normal consistency again!!
I am currently loving this lip balm, its so cute and comes in lots of different flavours which makes it nice and refreshing for the summer!
"The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome."
I received this nomination from MieuMakeup and it is such an honour! Thank you so much.
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the person who tagged you created and then make 11 questions of your own for the people you tag.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
OK, so here it goes. Here are 11 things about me!
I am 26 years young.
I am short! Not like super short but short enough that I get neck ache from looking up at everyone else (5ft 1")!
I love the colour purple and black! (Oooh I think there is a make-up look there)
I hate mushrooms and tomatoes, its all about the texture! Too gooey for me.
I love chocolate but don't eat enough of it.
I am an only child.
I studied Make-up at College and University.
I have short hair, but am growing it long again. I get bored with my hair very quickly so like to change it up every so often.
I drink far too many cups of tea a day
I find there just aren't enough hours in the day to get doen what I want to!
I love travelling and exploring new cities.
Now, the questions I was asked:
1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup? I have no clue how old I actually was when I started wearing make-up. But I do remember it was that Tinkerbell make-up you used to get when you were younger. I remember the lipstick was red, the eyeshadows were blue and green and the blusher was bright pink! How that all worked, I have no idea!
2. What's your favorite movie? OMG this is such a hard question as there are so many I love. I think I'm going to have to go with oldies, so I would say The Frighteners or Interview with the Vampire. But there are so many more!
3. What's your favorite game? [video game, board game, card game, whatever!] I love playing on my Xbox when I am trying to chill out for a bit, I really love playing the Assassins Creed games! 4. What's one thing you couldn't live without? Just one thing? that is so hard! And is it like one product, one person, or just anything! Probably my iphone! It does everything for me and I would be lost without it!
5. Do you need to wear makeup every time you leave the house or will you do without?
I need to wear make-up everyday! Some days I wish I didn't have to, but I have oily/blemish prone skin, so I have to cover them up! Plus, I don't feel finished until I have my make-up on. If I take the dogs for a walk bare faced, I feel like I've forgotten something.
6. How long does it take you to get ready?
Although I have to wear make-up everyday, I also like sleep and love my bed so I have worked my getting ready routine into an art form where I can do it in 30mins! But when I'm getting ready to go out, I like to take my time and take about an hour to get ready.
7. What was your first concert?
Everybody get up singing 1,2,3,4, Five will make you get down now (Baby bring it on, bring it on now)!! Ha ha I went to see Five at Wembly with my mum and my friend when I was younger (and they were still together) it was AWESOME!
8. Are you a cat person or a dog person? [or a fish person or a OHGODNOPETS person...]
I am most definitely a dog person! I have two little doggies of my own, Daisy (a Jack Russel/Bichon Frise cross) and Ruby (a Yorkshire Terrier) both absolutely lovely, yet naughty dogs!
9. How long do you think you would last as a vegetarian?
About a day! I love fruit, salad and vegetables but I also love my meat and chicken! Otherwise I just don't feel full after a meal!
10. Are you afraid to do silly things in public?
Yes! I always worry about looking stupid in front of people whether they are friends, colleagues or complete strangers. Sometimes it gets frustrated as I worry it makes me boring! You have to take risks in life.
11. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
New York! It would be absolutely amazing to have an apartment in NYC, strolling through Central Park on a Sunday, eating pizza and everything else that looks so much better when it's in New York!
Wow, that was great fun!!
Ok, so now for my questions....
1. What made you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite lipstick?
3. Are you a tea or coffe drinker?
4. What time do you get up in the morning?
5. What book are you currently reading?
6. What colour nail varnish are you wearing right now?
7. What music do you like listening to?
8. What is your most prized posession?
9. What is the furthest place you have travelled to?
10. If you were having a romantic meal cooked for you, what would be on the menu?
11. If you could close your eyes and be taken anywhere in the world, where would you be when you opened your eyes?
As summer is on its way, its always good to start preparing your look for your holidays or for those rare days where we have some sun in England! The summers humidity can wreak havoc on your make-up, so it is important to find quick, light products that have great staying power on your summer skin. Which is why I am very excited to tell you about the Metallic Cream Eyeshadow from Collection Cosmetics (formerly Collection 2000)
So let me paint a picture for you....
There I am standing in Superdrug testing all the products from the Collection range on my hand - I always end up walking out looking like I have some multi-coloured disease - and as I'm trying to wipe the rainbow off my hand, I realised that this product had stayed put! And I mean really stayed put, like superglue! I was almost blown away.
Could a little pot of cream eyeshadow really have this much staying power for £2.99.... yes it does!!
So I went back to the store to purchase the product and couldn't wait to get home and try it out.
Its the Metallic Cream eyeshadow from Collection Cosmetics (formerly
Collection 2000). Initially, I had glanced at this product and then
moved on to something else, mainly because it is a cream product and
comes in a lipgloss-style tube with a brush on the end. I haven't had
very much luck with cream eyeshadows in the past and MAC's paint pots
are the only ones I have found that don't crease on your eyelids
throughout the day. So I hadn't really thought much about this product
other than seeing what the colours came out like.
I have to admit, the Collection cosmetics range keeps surprising me and I haven't yet found a product of theirs that I haven't liked. It just shows you can still buy quality make-up that will do what it says (on the tin) for a reasonable price. Which is great for teenagers and those who don't have a lot of spare cash lying around to spend on cosmetics.
Available in 6 intense colours: Gold Rush, Copper Pot, Emerald City, Platinum Bling, Rock n Rose and Rock Pool. I bought the product in Platinum Bling which is a a browny-silver-grey colour which I love and think it is great to help create a quick and easy smokey eye. This product dries quickly so you have to be quick to blend, but is great for a quick wash of colour, or as a base for a smokey eye!
Here, I have applied the cream eyeshadow all across my eyelid, you can use this as a wash of colour, or you can add other colours to create different styles.
I definitely recommend these eyeshadows as they are fast drying and smudge proof! Perfect for a quick touch of glam before you hit the beach (or anywhere really).
Have you tried the Collection's Metallic Cream Eyeshadows? Tell me what you think of them....