I have been very honoured to be awarded the Liebster blog award by Elle Woo from Lipstick and Lace, Nikki from Heaven Has Cupcakes and Tasha from Wand_included. Thank you so much for this!
I have been nominated for this award before and you can see my post here, but as I'm not sure on what the correct protocol is if you have been nominated previously I thought it was best to graciously accept and answer the questions that were asked of me!
For those of you that don't know,
"The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome."
- Link back to the blogger that nominated you
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger that nominated you
- Create 11 questions of your own questions for blogs you would like to give the Liebster award
- Choose up to 11 blogs with under 200 followers to award
My11 Random Things:
- I have a sad obsession with stationary! I love collecting notebooks, but am always too scared to write in them in case I ruin them with my bad handwriting.
- I love reading crime novels, but can never find enough time to read as much as I would like.
- I love drinking tea and drink far too much, but only normal breakfast tea none of that fruity stuff (although it looks nice)
- I love high heels and lust after so many pairs, but am useless in walking in heels!
- I was hit by a car when I was 14 and broke my leg. I still have screws in there, so keep an eye out when on those roads everyone!!
- Other than my leg, I have never broken another bone in my body! (Fingers crossed)
- I am writing this post in my PJ's!
- I hate being sick! I know no-one likes to be ill, but I despise it! It’s such a useless waste of time and stops you from doing the things you want to do.
- I would love to be able to draw and keep promising myself I will try to learn somehow.
- I enjoy cooking, but only when I can be bothered (which isn’t very often)
- I hate feet! They are so ugly and I do everything I can to avoid them! Lol
11 Questions from Elle
- What made you want to start blogging? I created a blog because everyone else was doing it, but then I didn’t touch my blog for months. Then one day it hit me, people might be interested in what I have to say about certain products and I wanted to share my knowledge. So I started blogging and found I really enjoyed having my blog as an outlet for my own thoughts and opinions and if anyone read them then that would be great, and if no-one did then that was fine too. Since then I have had so much fun creating posts and finding other great blogs out there to read.
- What inspires you everyday to do what you do? When I was younger, I dreamt that I would be a successful make-up artist, travelling all over the world and working with many great people. I don't yet feel as though I have reached my goal, so I get up every day and do what I can to get that little bit closer. Today, my dream has changed and although I want to be successful and to travel, I feel like I work with great people every day and I am always meeting new and interesting people that help to make each day a new adventure.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why? I think it would be the ability to read peoples minds. I love to try and help people figure out what it is they want and need to help them feel great every day. But many people don't quite know how to express what they are looking for, so to be able to read peoples minds would be great!
- What would be your dream job? Creative Make-up Director of Christian Dior. I absolutely love the brand and love the history and that would be an amazing job!
- If you could have 3 wishes, what would you wish for? (No wishing for more wishes!) Oh this is so hard! Ok, 1 - to be debt free! It would be amazing to not have anything to worry about and to have financial freedom to do what you want. 2 - To have an endless walk-in wardrobe (you know like the one from the Carlsberg adverts). 3 - To have an amazing penthouse apartment, with luxury furnishings and everything you could imagine!
- What is your favorite food? I love sandwiches! In any shape or form, they're just amazing as you can do so many things with them.
- What 3 places would you travel to first if you could go anywhere in the world? If I could just click my fingers and be anywhere in the World, I think I would have to choose Hawaii, New York and Thailand.
- What's your favorite number? 13, its my birthday! I find many people think of 13 as an unlucky number but it has never been bad luck for me so I try to stick with it.
- What is your favorite fashion trend for the Fall season? I'm loving all the warm and cosy jumpers that are in fashion this season there are so many great styles and patterns. I'm not usually a jumper wearer but this has definitely changed this year.
- What is your favorite makeup brand? I can't really say that I have one brand that I love more than anything else. I love the colours of MAC, the packaging of Urban Decay and the luxury of Dior. I guess I don't believe that one brand can do everything 100% right all the time when it comes to products which is why I love to have a variety in my kit.
- What one makeup product could you not live without and why? (E.g., foundation, lipstick, eyeliner, etc.) I think it would have to be mascara, without it my lashes are quite fair and so it looks like I have no eyes.
11 Questions from Nikki
1. Why did you decide to start blogging? I really wanted to create a space where I could share my views and tips on make-up in the hopes that I could help anyone that could be having problems with their own make-up. I wanted to learn how to express myself and my views while meeting new people and making new connections.
2. Do you have a vlog channel? If not, would you ever consider vlogging? I do, its Daniduffymakeup. I created the account hoping that I could extend my blog posts into videos. But I’m so shy in front of a normal camera (let alone a video camera) that I created one video and posted it, and hated all the others while editing them that I haven’t uploaded any more.
3. What is your absolute favorite beauty product? OMG this is such a hard question to answer! I can’t say I really have one absolute favourite product that I will use for all eternity, but at the moment I cannot stop using my Naked palette from Urban Decay, there are so many amazing shades in there that I can use it to create so many different looks.
4. What is your favorite store to visit when shopping for beauty products?I love shopping at Boots, they hold so many different high street brands all in one place.
5. What is your favorite clothing store? Ooh this is such a hard one, as I don’t tend to buy all of my clothes in one place. I like shopping at House of Fraser or New Look, but it all depends how much money I have to shop with! Lol
6. Where did you grow up? I have lived in a few different houses in my lifetime as my mum used to get bored with where we lived and we would move to a better area. I have spent most of my life in Amersham which is in Buckinghamshire. Its an absolutely lovely town to grow up in.
7. What has been your favorite purchase in the last month? (Not just beauty or fashion - anything!) Back in April of this year, I had my Iphone 4S stolen! Booo! This month, I have finally saved up enough to replace it, I am soooo happy now to have my lovely while Iphone back in my pocket!
8. Where do you do most of your blogging? (Your bedroom, your dining room, a coffee house?) I would have to say in my bedroom, and sat on my bed. I find it’s the most peaceful place and I like to spread everything out when I work so it gives me the space I need without any distractions.
9. What's a current beauty or fashion trend that you wish would go away? The Scouse Brows, I'm sorry to any of you lovely people that have them, but for me it's not a good look. The brows are supposed to frame the face, but not that boldly.
10. Who is your inspiration? There are so many! I love Pat McGrath, she is an amazing make-up artist and she is my complete idol! I am also inspired by Christina Aguilera she has some amazing looks and transformations and is just beautiful.
11. If you could be a celebrity for a day, who would you choose and why? I think I would be Lady Gaga, it would be so cool to dress up in her clothes and come up with such creative and outrageous looks, how fun that would be!
1. Where did your blog name come from? My Make-up & Beauty Obsession! came from just that! I love make-up and beauty and everything to do with it, almost obsessively. The name came quite quickly really.
2. What main item is on your holiday wishlist? The Urban Decay Vice palette, it looks amazing!
3. What is your all time favourite perfume? All-time, I think it would have to be J'Adore by Dior. I love that scent!
4. Do you have any beauty box subscriptions? Sadly I don't, there are many that I would love to join but I just don't have the spare funds at the moment. I have previously had the Glossybox and loved receiving my delivery each month but I found many of the products were things I wasn't really interested in so decided to stop receiving them for the time being.
5. Where is your favourite place in the world? This is such a hard one! I love London, no particular area just the City as a whole, there is so much going on there and I love to spend the day getting lost in the crowds and exploring.
6. Who is your favourite Disney character? Hercules! I love the film and like how good and kind a character he is and is always looking out for everyone elses best interests,
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years times? Hopefully still here blogging away, sharing my thoughts with you all!
8. Who is your favourite singer/band? Usher, I love so many great singers and bands but Usher is one that never changes for me. I have most of his albums and love all of his songs!
9. What item of clothing do you always reach for? A cardigan! I'm always cold so need to wrap up even when its hot out!
10. New make up or new clothes? Make-up definitely! A good item of make-up will never go out of fashion and will never make you feel fat or frumpy!
11. What lipstick shade do you tend to go for? I usually tend to go for nudes, I like to add definition and shape to my eyes and get creative in that way, so I like to stick with neutrals on my lips or pale pinks so that the emphasis is on my eyes.
Thank you ladies for some great questions, they really got me thinking!
My 11 Questions for you
- What is your favourite beverage? (hot or cold)
- What book/magazine are you currently reading?
- Do you enjoy cooking?
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
- If you were stranded on an island what 3 items would you have to have with you?
- What would be your idea of a perfect date night?
- What is the worst job you’ve ever had?
- What is one of your pet peeves? (something that really winds you up)
- What nail colour are you wearing right now?
- If you went into a sweet shop, what would be your first choice of sweets to take home with you
- What do you obsessively collect? (For example, shoes, bags, notebooks, mugs etc)
My Nominees are the following
Lucy @ http://designfluff.blogspot.co.uk/
Refine Lubis @ http://www.refinehere.com/
Wendy @ http://www.youngheartoldsoul.com
Julie @ http://www.pdxbeautiful.com
Jamie @ http://thescarletjamie.blogspot.com
Kylie @ http://randomdrawers.blogspot.co.uk/
Rebecca @ http://rrecommends.blogspot.co.uk/
Beth @ http://www.arrowintheeye.com
Lynn @ http://beautybeyondface.blogspot.co.uk/
Ruby @ http://missmechanicrw.blogspot.co.uk/
JoJo @ http://www.itsthejojoshow.com/
Congratulations loves, you have been nominated! I will be contacting you all to let you know xxxx